As good as phone cameras are getting, the gear made to accompany your phone camera is just as impressive. A number of the 2020 smartphone camera accessories are must-haves.
Seriously, it seems like, within the last year, phone photography has grown and improved leaps and bounds in nearly every possible way. DSLR and mirrorless better watch out.
The thing about DSLR and mirrorless is that when you shoot with them, you most certainly have accessories – lenses, tripods, handhelds, and any number of other things. Why would you treat your phone photography any differently?
With that in mind, read through this guide and get yourself some gear to help your phone photography get to DSLR or mirrorless quality. We’ve included the budget option, the best quality option, and the best deal option in each category for your convenience. Do keep in mind that all the options are going to give you high-quality results.
2020 Top Smartphone Camera Accessories
When it comes to phone photography, the common belief is that all that you need is a smartphone and some dreams.
Well, get the picture and get it quickly – it takes a little more work than just this to make it in this game.
That’s where this 2020 smartphone camera accessories guide comes into play. For not a whole lot of dough, we can get you taking professional-grade photos in no time.
Do note, that a phone photography course would probably help too.
For each category, we’ll give you the budget option, the best quality option, and the best deal option for easy decision-making.
3 Cell Phone Camera Lens You Should Know About
So, you’ve decided that the stock cell phone camera lens on your phone isn’t cutting it anymore.
But, you’re lost in a sea of technical photography mumbo jumbo as you search for your upgrade to your cell phone camera lens. Don’t worry – you aren’t the first person to run into the issue.
If you feel that this situation is representative of you, then give our clip-on lens guide a read for an in-depth explanation of more of the options on the market. The guide will also give you a better understanding of what to look for when purchasing a clip-on lens.
If, on the other hand, you just want to know what the best option is without reading another article, we’ve got the budget option, the best quality option, and the best deal option for you here.
What to Look For –
Obviously, the phone camera lens that you purchase needs to be compatible with your phone! Some lenses are only compatible with iPhones, while others require an additional purchase of a phone case. Essentially, be sure to read thoroughly when searching for your next clip-on lens.
The lens also needs to work with the kind of photographer you want to be. For example, if you’re a landscape photographer, then go for a wide-angle lens for obvious reasons. If, on the other hand, you’re photographing plants, then you can go with a macro lens for those awesome macro shots.
There’s plenty of extra reading you can do to decide which product is best for you, but the options below are a good place to start.
Each photo or video shared under each product was taken by said product.
Xenvo Pro Lens Kit –
- A serious deal to consider for those looking for a first phone photography lens set
- Works with all Single and Dual Camera phones
- Includes all the essential gear (plus a little more!)
- Better quality than expected at this price point
- The Budget Option for 2020 Smartphone Camera Lenses
- Clarus 15x Macro lens
- 0.45x Wide Angle Lens
- GlowClip LED Light
- DuraCase Travel Case
- Lifetime Warranty
Moment Anamorphic Lens –
- We wrote a whole post about it, so check it out
- Simply the best lens for phone videography (if you’re a phone photographer check out the Wide Angle)
- Compatible with most phones with a Moment Case – to include iPhone, Pixel, Galaxy and OnePlus
- Has an impressive 1.33x design and a character of 2:40:1 that leads to super cinematic looks
- You will need to download the paid Moment Pro Camera app to de-squeeze the files
- Incomparable performance
- The Best-Quality Option for 2020 Smartphone Camera Lenses
- Anamorphic lens
- Lens cap
- Hex tool
- Microfiber bag
CoPedvic Lens Kit –
- If you’re new to phone photography and want a full toolbelt then this is the lens kit for you
- They claim 95% transmittance, so say good-bye to distortion
- Made with premium aluminum alloys
- 5-Layer coating on the glass limits dust and scratching
- The Best Deal Option for 2020 Smartphone Camera Lenses
- 4K HD 0.67X super wide-angle lens
- 22X telephoto lens
- 205° fisheye lens
- 25X macro lens
- Phone holder
- Metal tripod with 360-degree capability
- Eye-Cup to make your Telephoto lens a telescope
- Flexible clamp
- Microfiber cloth
- Zippered case
3 Cell Phone Tripods (or Cell Phone Handhelds) You Should Know About
You probably thought tripods were just for bulky mirrorless cameras and DSLR – that there was no such thing as a phone tripod. That’s where you’re wrong.
Actually, tripods and handhelds aren’t just for the photography purists. If you’re even remotely serious about your phone photography, then you need to get a phone tripod.
The cellphone tripod is a little different than their larger counterparts, but they serve the same function – to keep your camera steady. In many cases, you can buy an adapter to attach your phone to a DSLR or mirrorless tripod.
The reason for getting a phone tripod or phone handheld is to ensure your photos are crisp. You may think that you’re keeping your hands still while shooting, but having the tripod or handheld gives you a little extra control.
Another enticing reason to invest in a phone handheld or tripod is the ability they give you to take on new angles and vantage points. Imagine having an extra two and a half feet of an arm. You’d be able to get some excellent angles, right?
In any 2020 smartphone camera accessories guide, you have to include the best phone tripod. They are, after all, of the utmost importance to killer smartphone photography.
What to Look For…
If you go outside of this list looking for the best phone tripod, then be sure to find one that is smartphone compatible. Otherwise, you’re likely to end up purchasing an attachment to make your purchase a phone tripod.
And why spend extra money when you don’t have to.
What you’re looking for is a cost-effective product that gives you options as far as tripod capabilities go. By this, we mean you want to be able to get as many of those angles and vantage points as possible.
If you’re more interested in your handheld for videography purposes, we’re also considering gimbals in this section. You may not even know what a cell phone gimbal is, and that’s nothing to be ashamed of, even Grammarly doesn’t know what it is!
The point of a cell phone gimbal is to make sure that your photos and/or videos don’t have any unnecessary shaking. They’re very similar to a tripod in this way.
The advantage of a cell phone gimbal over a tripod, however, is how perfect they are for photographers and videographers on the go. Gimbals are lightweight and handheld, so they’re easy to include on any shoot, and they arguably work better than tripods in terms of stability.
Gimbals are only slightly smaller than a phone tripod, though, so don’t be swayed by the size. Every option comes in slightly different sizes, and with the right research, you can find the perfect handheld for you.
UBeesize Tripod S –
- Compatible with DSLR, Mirrorless, GoPro, iPhone, and Android
- The Octopus Legs work because of their design – “thicker premium metal and full metal connector, reinforced with coating rubber and compact foam”
- Holds a rig up to 2.5 pounds
- Can connect phone vertically and horizontally
- Rubber feet are extremely stable
- The Best Deal Option for 2020 Smartphone Tripods & Handhelds
- UBeesize Tripod S
- Wireless Remote Shutter that works from up to 30 feet (you know you need one, right?)
- GoPro Mount Adapter
- Phone Mount Adapter
- Orientation Adapter
UBeesize 51″ Adjustable Phone Tripod
- Compatible with the majority of smartphones (also compatible with DSLR, SLR, webcam, camcorder, action camera, and GoPro with a universal 1/4 inch screw)
- Impressive 360° head rotation & 180° neck rotation
- Get new vantage points with an extendable 17.5 inches to 51.0 inches
- The Best Budget Option for 2020 Smartphone Tripods & Handhelds
- Tripod selfie stick
- Universal phone holder
- Bluetooth remote shutter
- GoPro adapter
- UBeesize 1-year hassle-free Warranty
- 24-hour customer service
Zhiyun Smooth 4 3-Axis Phone Gimbal
- Use the official app for your Zhiyun Smooth phone gimbal – ZY Play (or use Filmic Pro as an alternative)
- Intuitive design in control panel
- Gimbal must be balanced before use
- Well-designed software that makes shooting a breeze – to include PhoneGo Mode, Time Lapse and Object Tracking
- Awesome battery life
- The Best-Quality Option for 2020 Smartphone Tripods & Handhelds
- Zhiyun Smooth 4 Gimbal
- Type-C USB Cable
- Storage Box
- User Manual
- EACHSHOT Cleaning Cloth
3 Cell Phone Lighting Accessories You Should Know About
So, how is your photography lighting doing? Wait, don’t you know that there’s nothing more important than photography lighting, right?
And, you’re far enough into your smartphone photography journey to know not to use the flash, right?
Your phone camera’s flash is far too harsh to result in the kind of photos we’re trying to teach you to capture. Instead, you should work on curating a more natural light look.
The best way to emulate the natural light found in the blue and golden hours is by using a photography lighting accessory like the ones found below.
What to Look For –
Are you looking to make money with your smartphone photography or stand out on your friends’ feeds?
Whichever you are we have an option for you.
If you plan on shooting weddings, engagements, or graduation photos, then investing in more expensive awe-inspiring phone photography lighting is worth it. Maybe you’re trying to make your ex jealous on Instagram, then a simple LED clip-on may suffice.
The choice is yours!
iTech Universal Clip-On Mini LED
- Nice, albeit artificial, continuous LED light from 6 bulbs
- 18-month warranty & 45 days
- Clamp design makes the iTech easy to use with almost any camera
- The Best Budget Option for 2020 Smartphone Lighting
- Mini LED Light
- Micro USB Cable for charging
- Clip for connecting the light to the phone
Auxiwa Clip-On Light Ring
- Designed with selfies in mind
- Includes a well-thought-out scratch-resistant sponge where the light connects to the phone
- Can be used as an effective emergency light
- 3 Brightness Levels
- Rechargeable Battery
- Perfect for someone looking for the basic light source
- The Best Deal Option for 2020 Smartphone Lighting
- Just what you see
UBeesize 10’’ LED Ring
- Super well-designed touchpad with options for luminance adjustment, brightness, color temperature, and color among other things
- AC/DC adapter improves the power and quality of light
- Includes an adjustable and well-built tripod that extends from 16 inches to 50 inches
- The Bluetooth remote and phone clamp make shooting a breeze
- The Best Quality Option for 2020 Smartphone Lighting
- Ring Light
- Tripod Stand
- Bluetooth Remote Control
- AC/DC Adapter
- Phone Holder
Last update on 2020-10-28 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API